| Recreation & Sports
| Outdoor Recreation
Northwest Adventure Center
Bldg 8050, NCO Beach Road
(253) 967-7397 (Administration)
The Northwest Adventure Center has adventure programs for outdoor enthusiasts, including hunting and fishing clinics, rifle/pistol, skeet/trap, and archery ranges, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, inflatable kayaking, cross country skiing and more.
The Equipment Rental Center offers a diverse outdoor equipment rental line and resale store. Camping equipment, downhill and cross-country ski gear, fishing boats and trailers are available for rental. The ERC also offers RV and boat motor repair and limited storage facilities.
Mon - Sun 0900-1730 (253) 967-5415
The following facilities are available:
- Adventure Programs (253) 967-6263
- Guns & Ammo Sales (253) 967-5415
Tue - Sat 0900-1700
- Hunter Registration & Info (253) 967-5415
- Paintball Reservations (253) 912-8000
Sat - Sun 1000-1600
RV/Trailer Hitch Sales & Install
Mon - Fri 0900-1730
- Rifle & Pistol Range (Range 15) (253) 967-9803
- Skeet & Trap Range (Bldg 3069) (253) 967-7056
Scuba Diving Center
Thu - Mon 0900-1730
Travel Camp/Cabins Rental (253) 967-5415
Mon - Sun 0900-1730
- The Travel Camp offers 48 recreational vehicle sites with water, electricity and cable hook-ups, 10 log cabin rentals and five tent campsites on American Lake.
Shoreline Park (253) 967-2510
Bldg 8278, Beach Control, North Fort Lewis
Call (253) 967-2510 for operating hours.
- Paddleboat/canoe/kayak rentals, fishing, swimming (Memorial Day through Labor Day), picknicking, covered pavillion rentals and nature trails are available at beautiful Shoreline Park on American Lake.
Russell Landing Marina
Bldg 8981, North Fort Lewis, American Lake
Winter Hours: Wed - Sun 0900-1700
Summer Hours: Mon - Fri 0800-2000
Sat & Sun 0600-2000
- Russell Landing is located on American Lake (next to the YS Summer Camp) and offers a marina, boat launch, bait and tackle shop, fishing, fishing boat rentals, covered pavillion rentals and a cafe and bar.